|13 02 2013|
The mission of Charity organization Serbs for Serbs is to affect on consciousness of Serbian people through our projects and humanitarian activities,
in order to develop better society for future generations.
Why Serbs for Serbs?
We wanted to alleviate impaired spirit of Serbian people in togetherness and brotherhood help through humanitarian work and social aid.
Who do we help?
We help Serbian families who live in the Balkans, have five or more children and live in terrible poverty.
How do we define “terrible poverty”?
Under terrible poverty we define absence of one or more basic factors required for living: food, clothes, shoes, and safe space for living.
Why do we help?
We believe that there is a basic need for one human (or a group) to help others in distress. A help is not only human virtue but also a Christian responsibility. By focusing our help on families with many children, we directly affect on their stirring toward becoming independent from social-dependable government programs. Indirectly, we want to affect on birth rate of Serbian people that has been in great decline in last 20 years.
What are our long term goals?
- family is ready to support itself daily and manage to pay all required expenses and bills
- their children are encouraged to continue with school and raising their own family
- our donors are satisfied with the activities and they are ready to help other families
- our organization is satisfied with the results
- family is ready in the future to become our donor and if necessary help other families that are in need of help (although this look unrealistic when we established the organisation, there have been a few of these examples nowadays).
Who do we need in organization?
We need members and donors that will secure financial stability through supporting our programs and activities in the future. Donors may join our daily activities within the organization in order to coordinate our work better.
We also need volunteers ready to donate several hours per week for actual work within the organization. Activities of volunteers and their specific tasks would be determined by the required projects and their personal interest. From that group of volunteers we would look for future leaders of organization.